Bryan * Tiffany * Cade * Jace

Sunday, June 5, 2011

got me thinking.....

There are many who read the Nie Nie Dialogues, if you are not you are truly missing out. Her blog is inspiring and motivating! She and her husband were recently on 20/20 and the Glenn Beck program(s) and I watched them and was inspired yet again. Her and her hubby survived a plane crash and her body was 80% burned. She definetly looks different than she did before, BUT here is where it gets good. She is so genuinley strong in the gospel and her testimony it makes me want to do better. What got me thinking is on the Glenn Beck program he asked her what helped change her mindset from negative to positive, and this was her response (kind of summed up in my own words) She said that she thought of her life BEFORE the crash and thought of the positive non-materialistic things she had in her life. For example, her husband, her children, the gospel, her relationships with family and friends and God. Then she said she thought of her life AFTER the crash and what positive non-materialistic things she had. Well, she still had them ALL! It really puts things into perspective and if she can have a postive outlook on life after everything she has gone through, then I'm pretty sure I should be able to too. I am truly blessed in my life and need to express my gratitude more, especially to those I love. I need to not take the "little" things for granted and have more patience in suffering. I need to be a better neighbor, friend, sister, wife, mommy, daughter and member of the church! I'm not trying to be hard on myself, I just know there's always room for improvement! I'm thankful for good people like "Nie Nie" who share their stories to help others.
(Cade's Blessing Day November 2009)

3 comments:

  1. So True- saw a saying on my way to work today - "commit to improve myself everyday" We are all works of art -- in progress- !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally true Tiff! That was so inspiring! Perspective is huge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So again I lose your email address-- we just need to jump in and let our little men play together-- email me- cobbap@ida.net-- let me know what works good for you- and we'll try to make it happen!!

    ReplyDelete