Bryan * Tiffany * Cade * Jace

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Life Lesson

Any time you talk to your Grandparents you can probably learn a thing or two! Well, my sister told me this story that my Grandma and Grandpa Thompson shared with her.

I guess that my Grandparents had gotten in to a pretty good fight and my Grandma had just had it! So she says to my Grandpa, "let's write 5 things we hate about each other on a piece of paper and just get this over with". As my Grandpa is telling the story he jokes and says "I thought she said 5 PAGES......hahaha". Off they go in to their seperate rooms to work on their lists. After a certain amount of time they come back together to share their "hate" lists. My Grandma puts her paper down on the table and sure enough there are 5 things written down that she hates about my Grandpa. Now she wants to see my Grandpa's list so he sets it down and there are 100 things written down that he LOVES about her!

I love this story. It speaks volumes about finding the good in a bad situation and my Grandpa Thompson is truly the best at that! He is such a great example of thinking positive and "life is what you make it"! My Grandma is a neat lady too and she cracks me up! I think she is too hard on herself and doesn't give herself enough credit! I love my Grandparents!

No comments:

Post a Comment