Bryan * Tiffany * Cade * Jace

Monday, January 10, 2011

Kind of in a RUTT.....

Lately (the last few months) I just can't seem to get myself going...and it's driving me CRAZY! I know I can do SO much more in the day and my attitude has just been AWFUL (you can ask Bry). And then I get even more mad at myself because I'm usually not that kind of person! UGH! ENTER Christmas present from one of my clients. Lori gave me this quote from President Hinckley and it's all printed out and framed just beautifully, and the quote is just AWESOME! Hope it helps anyone else who has the same problem I'm currently working on :)

"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he's been robbed. The fact is that most putts don't drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is like an old time rail journey...delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas, and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have a ride."
-President Gordon B. Hinckley

3 comments:

  1. Wow- that is awesome!! I love it- I needed that- I'm going to use it tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whenever I get into a rutt.... I think of Papa (grandpa T). One year for Christmas my siblings and I gave him a book that he filled out and gave back to us that next Christmas. One of the questions was about what his dad taught him and hope that he has passed on to his family. His answer being, "I have never had a problem with being a self-starter, if something needs to be done, do it and move on to the next thing." it sounds so simple, and it is. thats why that little tid-bit makes it so easy for me to get going again, i like simple things ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I loved your blog! I'm super impressed!!!! The Cade is sure a cutie and you must have a nice camera because all of your pictures look awesome! I am loving my hair, I'm way excited to curl it tomorrow! The color is totally making my day! Thanks for the help with my family pictures, I think you are right on! Jules

    ReplyDelete