Bryan * Tiffany * Cade * Jace

Thursday, January 20, 2011

I go back to December.....

It's only a month late, but here's our Christmas! Our festivities begin on Christmas Eve, my family always has a party at my moms. It's been a tradition ever since I can remember. We woke up and decided we wanted to start a tradition of our own, so we went to MICKS for breakfast. I guess I should mention we were hungry and didn't want to cook! :) It was great and I'm thinking it's going to be an easy tradition to keep up on!
If something ever happened to Micks, it would be a sad day at the Sargent house! We visit Micks at LEAST once a week. It's one of those old town hole in the wall places that is OH SO GOOD! If you haven't been, we recommend it.
Breakfast was just too good! Put them both down!
I just put up a few decorations this year knowing that we were going to be at our parents houses for all the festivities and we were going to start demolition on our kitchen. So here is my attempt to bring Christmas into our house!





Mrs. Claus in baby LaJae disguise!
Cade loves all of his cousins. Hannah is a great babysitter and Cade loves her so much.
My dad ready the Christmas story.
Ok, so if you know Abbey, my darling and hilarious niece, you'll will appreciate the humor of this picture. My other niece Brianna was suppose to be Mary, but she wasn't liking that idea (mind you this whole time my dad is reading the Christmas story from the Bible) so Abbey decided to fill in and she did NOT take her eyes off the camera. I have about 5 pictures of the Nativity and Abbey is the same in all of them! She's very photogenic!
I love Cade's PJ's and LaJaes Mrs. Claus dress, this was the best picture I got because Cade wouldn't hold still for very long!
Baby LaJae! I still can't get over her eyes! They are blue and SO beautiful!
My parents gave Cade his first pair of snow boots, and let me tell you....he LOVES his boots! He wants to wear them all the time!
All tuckered out from all the excitement.
We headed to the Sargents because we were going to be there in the morning anyway so we just spent the night and when we arrived we found them playing this interesting game. You make a tower of flour and place a coin on the top. Grab yourself a knife and start shaving. The person who knocks over the tower has to sift through the flour with their NOSE and find the coin! One thing I love about the Sargents, you will always have something to do at their house! If we aren't playing a "real" boardgame (or game) we usually end up making one up!
Bryan was hilarious playing this game because he thought he had the best strategy and everytime someone would only take a little chunk he'd get so mad and tell us "the game is going to last forever" "who takes little chunks" "cmon guys" I'm sure there were more because he was seriously on a roll that night. Stephs just making sure he's abiding by the rules here.
Em was a good sport, you see she's not much for games but she joined in and well, she lost so she had to find the dime in the flour with her nose! Rules are rules....and sometimes we make them up as we go, but still!
When we woke up we decided to go get cousin Hayden before we went out to see all the presents. So we went down the hallway and knocked on his door (knowing he'd be awake because these two decided in heaven that they'd be on the exact same sleeping schedule!) and it was SO cute, the door cracked and Haydens little head peeked around the corner!
At first Cade wasn't too sure what to think, but it didn't take him long to warm up.
Bry ended up being the present-hander-outer (I'm pretty sure that's just not a word) and he borrowed my WAY CUTE hat that my sis-in-law Em made for me.
I'm sad this picture is so dark, but you can see how into opening presents Cade got. He really liked it at first, but after a few he just wanted to play with what he got. Cade did end up with a pretty good stash! Thanks to Grandmas, Grandpas, Cousins, and pretty cool parents! :)
Oh my heavens....his face is just priceless! I mean of course it's tractors...who wouldn't react like this?
Cade had Haydens name for Christmas and I think Hayden is excited about getting a present! I think it's fun to draw names, especially for the little ones because it teaches them to give....tis the season...right?!
Oh yes! This outfit is a beauty! Last year Steph, Andrew, Trent and Em decided to pull a gag gift on Cade and gave him this outfit. It was hilarious and now a tradition! It will get passed down for generations...and I sound like a grandma....but I must say Hayden looks pretty cute in it!
A couple days after Christmas Bryans family (his moms side) rents a huge cabin up in Island Park and we usually go up for a few days. It was tricky because Cade isn't really use to sleeping in different places so the first night was just dandy trying to get him to sleep. He really enjoyed having so much attention and other little kids to play with. This is him in the truck on the way, he's watching Spirit (its a horse movie for those who don't know) and this was his face pretty much the whole time! It was hilarious!
This is the day after Christmas, we just chilled at the Sargents most the day. That's one favorite thing about the holidays, just taking it easy and being with family!

I didn't get any pictures of our Annual New Year's Party at Grandma Sargents but, as usual, it was a good time had by all. In a nutshell, we have an all-nighter with Bryan's dad's side and it's SO much fun. Every year there's a contest to see who can stay up the longest. I've made it to 5:00 (AM) one year, Grandma is almost always in the runnings, but usually the younger kids are the night owls!

All in all it was a great Holiday Season and we have so much to be thankful for!

1 comment: