Bryan * Tiffany * Cade * Jace

Saturday, August 14, 2010

HALF MARATHON!!!

Yes! It's true! I did it! I ran a half marathon...and survived! My sister-in-law, Emily, asked me if I wanted to run a 1/2 marathon with her, so I agreed. We had already been training for the Bone and Back race so we just had to add a few more days and miles and we did it. I'll have to say just the thought of it was intimidating but as we trained and when our long runs came, we did them and I realized I really can do this! It was the Rock and Roll Run on the west side of town by the old butte park. (where the new soccer complex is) The route was full of rolling hills but not any BIG ones (thank goodness) and I decided if I can run leg 4 in the bone and back race I could handle these rolling hills. Bryan, my dad and Jen were there to cheer me on and that meant a lot to me. My goals were to not stop and finish somewhere around 2hours 15min. I met both of them! I didn't stop once (believe me I wanted to!) and I finished in 2hours 16min and 4sec.! I was very proud of myself! Anyway, it was a fun experience and I'm so glad I did it. Thanks Em!


Here we are at the finish line! It was seriously an amazing experience! A true test of mind over matter, if it was up to my body I would have been walking about mile 8! Thanks to my awesome hubby for coming and supporting me! Bryan, my dad and Jen would meet me at different mile markers and cheer me on and I have to tell you it helped so much! I did get emotional a few times when I saw them because it meant so much to me that they were there! Thanks Dad and Jen! (Thanks Jen for all the coaching :))It was hard, but totally worth it and I will be doing another one....sometime soon!











1 comment:

  1. You are my hero...really. I almost cried after my 5k (maybe it was the pregnancy hormones), I can't imagine how a 1/2 marathon must feel.

    ReplyDelete