Bryan * Tiffany * Cade * Jace

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Coupon MOM!

I'm sitting here, my kitchen is still under construction, my house is a mess, my desk doesn't even deserve words to describe it, I'm behind on wash, don't want to do dishes in the bathtub (refer to complaint #1), feeling fat and miserable about myself, and I'm pretty sure I've left something out! SO I decided to BLOG! It's not going to be a long one, but I will have done something to make myself feel productive! Yes, I know I'm retarded, but it's just been one of those days, weeks, maybe even the whole month! I feel like when my kitchen gets put back together I will be a new woman! Blessed be the day! Couponing. So, since I've only been working (doing hair) only 2-3 days a week I've created a new "job" for myself. I have been trying to be as frugal and thrifty at home as I can. I saw this Coupon Mom lady on Ellen (LOVE Ellen!) and she saves money and does all that coupon stuff. So I bought her book and read a little and decided to try a few of her ideas.....OH YEAH! they work and they are easy! So then I took it to the next level and took advantage of Broulims out here in Shelley. Every Thursday for a couple months they would double any coupon you had up to $1. Oh man did I get crazy! There are a few ladies in my ward that are good at this "job" and gave me a few pointers and let me tell you what, I was getting things for free and saving over $100! It made me feel good and that I was doing something else to save money and help out! Here are a few pictures of a couple of my grocery trips...... This one I think was my best one! I THINK I only spent around $80........which is impressive, but I will tell you, you can't see my 18 boxes of granola bars I got for free because they were out and had to give me a raincheck! BWAhahahaha This one was my first attempt at the couponing thing and I think my total was around $35-$40 ( I wish I would have saved my receipts because I love looking at the bottom and seeing how much you saved, this one I had $36 in coupon savings! woot woot) My favorite trick on this one was the tampons. They had a "sale" on the big 36 pack box for like $8 (something like that) and I grabbed it because well, I needed some and my ward coupon lady said HALT! She pointed out that the 18pk box was also on sale for 3.99 and there was $1 off coupon for it............so Broulims will double it so my 18pk box is 1.99 if I buy two = 36 I'm spending $4! Nice try 36pk! I'm sure this isn't a revelation for some, but for me, I would have never looked at something like that!
Anyway, it's addicting and I'm saving extra money! Broulims stopped doubling coupons because I think they were tired of getting coupon raped! Well, I've done something productive! Time for bed! haha

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!! BTW-You should try the cereal deal @ Albertsons this week Monday and Tuesday!!! It is a great deal. We R going 2nite if you want to try. Call me I'll give you the 411.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoorah!! I love the couponing Blogs- occasionally I even follow them- good for you doing something productive -- (not that being a mom and a wife isn't) but sometimes it just helps to see that $$$$ savings at the bottom- I get super excited and call people- yup I'm a nerd like that!!

    ReplyDelete