Bryan * Tiffany * Cade * Jace

Saturday, November 13, 2010

More Summer Stuff...

HOUSE
We've been remodeling our house ever since we moved out here...4 years! It is quite the project inside and out, but it has been so much fun (honest) and rewarding! Bryan is such a hard worker and is so smart...and if he doesn't know how to do something he learns how, and if it's smarter to hire it out...he does! The vision we have for the house is coming together and we are excited to see it complete...who knows when?




THis isn't a very good "after" picture, but it was the most recent that I had.




SUNSETS

I love where we live for many reasons, one being that there are so many picture opportunities it's perfect! I could honestly take pictures for HOURS where I live and probably do it again the next day and the next day! I don't want to become a pro, but I do enjoy taking spur of the moment shots like these beautiful sunsets...if I knew how to edit I could make them a bit sharper and fancy, but I think they are dandy how there are!

I must have been in a hurry to go somewhere because I just took my camera with me in the car, and I'm glad I did because I had a good photo idea and pulled it off...(if you can't tell I'm taking the picture in my car and that's the reflection from the driver's side mirror)
FLIES!!!!!
Ugh! I HATE flies...and they are EVERYWHERE! This is one of 6 sticky fly traps in my house and this is the 2nd time I've hung new ones up! My husband tells me that it's normal because we live in the country, but seriously! I think there's a secret passage the flies have found and they are slowly taking over my home! It's really ridiculous and I'm SICK of them! That's one good thing about the cold weather! DIE FLIES DIE!
To Can or Not to Can...that is the question!
The answer...CAN! My mom helped me with my first canning "season" last summer and I only did peaches. This summer I planted items in my garden so I could make salsa, I got some tips on stewing tomatoes from my good friend Sherelle and I have a 14 month old who LOVES peaches and pears, so this canning "season" was a busy one! And the funny thing is, is I know that lots of people do WAY more than what I did, and I thought I did a lot! Ha! Anyway, I did feel really resourceful and very homemaker-ish growing my own produce and actually making things out of it. It was a very good feeling.




Here's my big helper...


1 comment:

  1. Way to go on the canning i love to can. wow you guys have done amazing on the house i never saw a before pic of the front.

    ReplyDelete