Bryan * Tiffany * Cade * Jace

Friday, July 23, 2010

Happy 4th of July...or 24th!











Freedom and Pioneers go together right? Maybe I'm trying too hard to make myself feel better about how far behind I am! Anyhow, here are some pictures from the 4th of July. We didn't do much, which is right down our alley. Saturday morning Bry flew in from his annual fishing trip to Alaska and we went straight home and took a family nap because everyone was tired! Then we just chilled at the house all day, no stress, nowhere we had to be...that's a good day! Cade doesn't do well around loud noises so we decided to skip the fireworks, and make some of our own...eh? I'll leave it at that. Sunday we went to Grandma Sargents house to celebrate her birthday and america's birthday while we were at it! Thanks to Uncle Brian and his rockin photography skills we were able to get these photos. Then we headed over to my parents house and had another yummy BBQ (I love summertime). My dad doesn't enjoy the festivities that come with the 4th of July (never has) but my mom does so she bought this HUGE box of firecrackers for all the grandkids. It was fun and the kids had a blast! Cade stayed nice and close to dad because he wasn't to sure about all the noise. Its so nice to have both of our families around so we can celebrate and have fun with them! I do want to say this year I don't know why but I did think about how grateful and blessed I am to live in this country. I had to play the organ in church sunday the 4th and I felt a bit of pressure to make some people proud. I don't know who they were, maybe the veterans in our ward, maybe our Bishop because he gets so emotional about patriotism and that touches me, maybe some who have passed, but I tried to produce the right kind of spirit and I felt good about it. I really thought about what it took to make my freedoms available and I am so grateful for those who have gone before and allowed me to enjoy MANY things! God Bless America!

1 comment: