Bryan * Tiffany * Cade * Jace

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Potty Training!!

It is VERY true! I am due in 5 weeks and one of my goals was to have Cade potty trained before the baby came.  I actually had given up on it because since he was 2, he wanted NOTHING to do with the potty! Anything and everything I tried didn't work.  Then I remembered this book one of my friends found online called "3day potty training" and it worked for her, so I bought it, read it, picked a weekend, prepped and here we are! Bryan is in Alaska so that helps because both me and Cade have NO distractions! These pictures are just from my phone I have more on my camera and they downloaded backwards, but oh well! I love the picture above because he looks so cute in his undies and his face with tongue out is classic!

 Day ONE went well! He probably thought I had lost my mind because I kept offering him snacks and juice all day! Ha! Jokes on him! :) He had 7 accidents (I think) and at least 12 successful potties! He would say, "potty.....RUN!" and we would make a break for the toilet!
 The first day he didn't really care for any "prizes". I offered them to him, but he wanted to just get back to what we were doing.  The 2nd day he finally pooped in the potty and I gave him this bubble thing........LOVED IT! Went potty again to get more bubbles! The first night was actually not bad either, no accidents through the night.  He wouldn't have had one the next morning if I would've been on the ball.....(not much of a morning person)
 The 2nd day was awesome! Only 3 accidents and I lost track of successes! He will be so sad on Monday when mean ol mom is back and won't let him drink bottomless water bottles of juice! It's actually been an OK experience, not as awful as I was preparing for. In fact he didn't take his nap both days, and dealing with the results of that was way worse than the potty training!
Over the last 2 days we have not left the house, changed out of PJ's, played LOTS of games on IPOD, played pretend, candyland, abc cards, play-doh, farm, trains, blocks.......you get the idea :), watched Mickey Mouse, LIttle Einsteins and Spirit many times and just LOVED on each other! I know the hormones from the pregnancy don't help, but I just love being Cade's mom and get emotional and proud every day that I get to be with him. Wish us luck tomorrow.............

No comments:

Post a Comment