Bryan * Tiffany * Cade * Jace

Monday, October 3, 2011

Back to feeling Naked!

Word of advice to those out there.........back up your computers! However you can, do it! We didn't and our computer crashed and we almost lost everything. This is why I have been missing for a while, I haven't had a computer! So, we got a bug, it was sending out nasty emails to everyone and then it CRASHED! I took it in to SCION COMPUTERS in Idaho Falls (shout out!) and my brother said if this guy (Benjamin) can't fix it then no one can! A few days go by, still no word on the computer and then he calls. He says he is so disappointed but he can't even get it running basically. WHAT!? All those pictures if my little man....GONE! NOOOOOOOOOOO! So he tells me we can send it to a Clean Facility in Boise where they take it apart piece by piece "clean" it and put it back together, recover your data and call it good. Oh, here's the best part, the cheapest they've done it for is $850! Nope that's NOT a joke, and it's NOT for a new computer, it's just to retrieve all our data! Gasp, eyes wide, jaw to floor, feeling light-headed and then I fall. But we HAD to! We have to have those pictures! I can't tell Cade, "we don't have any pictures of your first 2 years of life because we were too cheap to fix our computer at the time". So we get it ready to send to Boise and Benjamin calls me up and says since you're sending it to Boise there is one RISKY thing I could try. Yep, go for it! we are screwed anyway! So, he tries it, and he recovers MOST our data!!! And for only $250! Thank You Benjamin! For now, we have set up our OLD laptop and it's getting the job done, SLOWLY, but surely. I installed the printer the other day and it took 3 hours! LOL! I need to be thankful I have a slow laptop and my pictures and data recovered. I shall catch up on this D#*@ blog one of these days!

1 comment:

  1. Phew!!!! I've had a couple crash scares so a couple months ago I got Carbonite - an online backup program. We have an external hard drive, but that means I actually have to get it out and use it. And I also try to blog my favorite pictures so they are somewhere in the internets. I am so glad you got some recovered and not for too expensive, considering.

    ReplyDelete